Implementation of the PREDA Plus Business Plan for 2011
VARDAR AND POLOG PLANNING REGION, MACEDONIA
LOCAL / REGIONAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
01.01.2011 – 30.06.2012
- Sustainability of PREDA Plus based on improved operational efficiencies and revenue-generating services and increase of shareholder and partner inputs and obligations.
- Regional Development in Macedonia
In 2010 in Macedonia there was also an existing gap between the national policy for regional development and the policy for regional development of the EU. Namely, the MLS which is by the Law for BRD responsible to carry out the national policy for BRD has no role in the IPA III Component – Regional Development. IPA III Regional Development is planned to provide support to transport, environment infrastructure and enhancing competitiveness and reducing regional disparities. In Macedonia there is a feeling that for now the capacities of the institutions as well as the economic sector are not high enough for them to handle the applying and enforcing procedures. Therefore, Regional competitiveness is left out in the projected period 2007/2013 and remains a challenge for the authorities to put it as a priority for the projected period of 2013-2016.
Future role of PREDA Plus:
- Facilitator and host of Western Balkan Network of regional development practitioners
- Supporter of regional development initiatives in all countries of Western Balkan trough design and implementation of development projects
- Local consultant for international donors and companies, national, regional and local stakeholders.
- Institutional setup of PREDA Plus (hardware equipment and implementation of ISO 9001:2008, quality management system and Pricing and Portfolio Service Strategy
- Strengthening network with the relevant local, regional, national and international institutions (partners) through efforts intensively focused on establishing new links and refreshing the existing ones with several institutions nationwide and internationally.
- Human Capital Upgrade
- Technical Support to Regional Development Centers – Development in Action
- Implementation of ISO 9001:2008 standard in two Regional Development Centers
- Territorial Diagnosis based on PACA (Participative Appraisal of Competitive Advantage) of three regions with focus to two the lead sectors: Table Grapes in Vardar planning region and Fruits in Polog planning region
- Established, strengthened, and anchored local Foundation fully equipped with hardware equipment and relevant human capital
- 140 SMEs assisted with information for their development and market linkages and XXX public and private sector participants discussing 10 sectors and 2 researched
- Improved public services in 2 Regional Development Centers in Vardar and Polog with QMS and territorial diagnosis skills.
Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC