Socio-Economic Stabilization of Ethnic Minority and Majority Communities in Kosovo
11 MUNICIPALITIES IN KOSOVO
01.02.2017 – 31.12.2019
Major occupation and source of income of the rural population in Kosovo is extensive agriculture that often does not provide suﬃcient means for decent life. In the past decade the agricultural sector output is declining, especially in the remote and mountainous areas of Kosovo, mostly due to the fragmented agriculture land, small size farm holds and non-competitive agriculture products. Furthermore, there is limited opportunity for oﬀ-farm employment in rural regions. Rural population has limited access to updated information and education what inﬂuenced their disability and inability to improve their living standard and quality of life. The unfavorable conditions for living cause high rate of migration of rural population to big cities in home country or in abroad. Seen in this light, fostering innovation, education and mobilizing the full potential of rural areas emerge as important priorities that reduce disparities in development between and within the statistical regions.
countries and the skills required by the labour market is a contributory factor to the growing youth unemployment rate.
“Socio – economic stabilisation of ethnic minority and majority communities in Kosovo” also known as the “Socio – Project”, aims to create sustainable livelihoods and better socio-economic conditions for ethnic minority and majority families in Kosovo through provision of income generating, employment and community development opportunities, through:
- Strengthening the capacities of start-ups, micro and small enterprises:
- Strengthening the capacities of business associations
- Strengthening the capacities of farmers
- Strengthening the capacities of agricultural associations
- Support creation of working places in existing companies;
- Support small community development initiatives, in cooperation with host municipalities.
- Strengthening micro and small enterprises:
– 60 individuals will increase their capacities and knowledge in the area of finances, strategic planning, organizational development and marketing.
– 40 micro and small enterprises will be created and continuously deliver goods and services.
– 40 micro and small enterprises will earn 40% more revenues.
– 40 micro and small enterprises will receive incentives in the value of € 2.500.
- Improving capacities of farmers and agricultural producers:
– At least 60 farmers and agricultural producers will increase their knowledge and capacities in the area of finances and marketing.
– 40 farmers and agricultural producers will improve their production by delivering agricultural products and earned 40% more revenues.
– 40 farmers and agricultural producers will receive incentive funds in the value of of € 2.500.
- Improving capacities of agricultural associations and business support association (BSOs):
– At least five BSOs and five Agricultural Associations will improve their knowledge and capacities in the area of communications, networking, marketing and overall support of their members.
– At least five BSOs and five Agricultural Associations will improve their services and increased number of their members by 20%.
– At least five BSOs and five Agricultural Associations will receive incentives up to €5.000
- Empowering existing production enterprises and decreased unemployment:
– 60 unemployed individuals will increase their knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship and business opportunities.
– 60 individuals/cooperatives will be employed and engaged in a particular business in order to allocate material goods and capital.
– 60 newly employed individuals will receive incentive funds in the amount of €1.250.
– Four existing companies will receive incentive funds in the amount of €17.000 and improved their production.
- Implementing joint municipality – community initiatives:
– Municipal administrations actively included in implementation of communities’ development initiatives and programs for the purpose of overall municipal development.
– Five community development projects will be implemented, each in the value of €12.500.
– 250 families in the non-majority and majority community will be generating income through five implemented community development projects.
German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development – BMZ
Arbeiter Samariter Bund – ASB